Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Software To Program Ge 90-30

6 posts in this topic

Is there any other software that will program GE 90-30 besides Versa Pro? Also, is there any way to look at the USED BITS in a GE memory map somewhere using Versa Pro? Like in AB RS Logix, I can look and see what bits I have already used once. What is the latest version of Versa Pro? I have version 2.0 I know alot about AB stuff, but still learning GE stuff.

If you look at your Versa Pro V2.00 CD, you will find that there is a copy of Logic Master 9.x available on it for those who love the days of the DOS look to programming. I do not know of any other third part software makers. It seems that years ago there were companies that bragged about making third party PLC programming software (I think one might have been called Gray Soft?). I have not heard of anyone like this for some time, so my guess is that they have all gone away or no longer advertise.

I have 2.01. That is the latest as far as I know. Hope this helps

Viewing the used addresses is a little different. Click on the View option on the Menu Bar. Select Local Logic Variable Table. You should then see a table appear near the bottom of the screen that shows addresses and descriptions. You can adjust the size of the window by dragging with your mouse. You can then left click your mouse in any field in this variable table. Then right click your mouse. A menu of options should pop up. Select the option titled Highest References Used. You will then see a window pop up that displays the highest reference used for each memory type in the Variable Declaration Table. All scopes are included. These values cannot be edited.

Chris, The latest and last rev for VersaPro is 2.03. GE came out with a new program called Cimplicity Machine Edition (ME) which I haven't used but supposedly it programs PLC's and touch screens and possibly other GE manufactured hardware all in one software package. Like I said I haven't used it. Also if you want to look at bits or words or registers or whatever you can create tables that will show whatever variables you want. Right click on the folder browser and choose new, then select view table and select one of the two options that comes up next to make a table. It's handy for looking at multiple Registers or bits at the same time.

Thanks everyone for the get TIPS! I guess what I was getting at was I thought VersaPro sucked, and was wondering if there was anything better. After much research, this is what I found out. VersaPro 2.03 QuickDesigner 3.60 Are the latest versions as others have said, but I also found out that GE will not support those two software's anymore. The new software will be Simplicy (sp?) Machine Edition. But you have to purchase "Modules". We will need to purchase a "PLC Module" for the 90-30 and a "Quick Designer Module" for the Total Control screens. I've used this Simplicy software once, and I liked it. One of the advantages I hear is that you can share all your tags...that's very nice.