Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
innoaloe

Problem Running CX-Simulator - KickEngine

6 posts in this topic

Salutations! So recently I'm very confused with my CX-Programmer. Everytime I tried to run the Simulator from CX-Programmer, I always got a notice that a certain program called KickEngine.exe is about to Run. I look up for this program and found it inside CX-Simulator folder, so I decide to run it anyway. The problem is the simulator always return the error : "The selected port does not exist". In other words I cannot run the simulation. I understand that the simulator uses ControllerLink comm. between CX-Programmer and CX-Simulator, so I tried to run those two separately and build the connection, but also to no avail. Even so, since CX-Programmer 9.0, I believe there is no need to run the programs separately. Before I had a similar problem where the simulator cannot be run, and the error code is "Failed to Start Ladder Engine". This was solved by removing whole Omron software using CX-Remover, then reinstalling again. However, it doesn't solve the current problem. If possible I don't want to resort to reinstalling the whole OS... T_T Anyone has suggestions or ideas? I had lookup on an older thread and tested the measure taken there, and didn't solve this. Thanks!  

@innoaloedid you ever solve this?  My simulator is doing this now and I have uninstalled, run the remover and reinstalled, same issue.

@Michael Walsh I don't remember whether this is the correct one,
But I think I used this registry fix from myomron : https://www.myomron.com/index.php?action=kb&article=1078

Also I think we need to edit the registry value manually in the reg file before executing it, depending on where we install CX-Programmer / CX-Server

Unfortunately, that did not resolve my issue.  I made a mistake in editing the file and when I made the registry entry, then Run Simulator was grayed out in CX-Programmer.  I fixed the Registry entry and then it was no longer grayed out, but I still get the Port does not exist message.  This appears to only resolve the grayed out issue.  If you have any other memory of what you may have done, I would appreciate it.  Not finding any solutions online for this.  

Hi all, for me it was an administration rights issue. Launching CX-Programmer as administrator solved the issue and the simulator worked back.

Best,

Change the compatibility to Windows 7 and it gets solved. No kick engine error, no ladder engine error