star_69

LCPU - Read/Write program via internet

4 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I have a problem with a LCPU that I want to remote read/wright the program. I have a LCPU that is connected to an Ethernet network, I know it is possible to read/wright program from a station of the network to from/to an LCPU. But is it possible to read/write program from a remote station (that isn’t in the network) via internet?   Any one has any idea?   Thanks in advance

Hi Star_69,   There are more ways to do this. If you als have a Scada computer in your network connected to the PLC LAN it is very easy. Just install your programming software GW-Works etc. at this scada PC and use a remote program like teamviewer or remote administrator (Radmin) to take over the control from where ever you are in the world. Any other PC will do as well but a scada computer is 24/7 switched on and connected to the PLC's. It only needs acces to the internet. If you like to divide the local PLC network from the company network just install an extra network card in a free slot in your PC. One LAN is to the PLC's IP range and the other is for the internet connection on the factory IP range. An alternative is to use a remote service router. My favorite is eWon. It connects trough the internet and is not interferring with the LAN network in the factory at the location. Just google on 'eWon Cosy' and 'Talk to M' as keywords to find more details and a movieclip that explains everything.   Best regards, Theo V.

Thanks for the reply TheoV. i will search if the first solution fits the application and i will inform you.

eWON routers are the simple solution.   Or VPN access to the site.