Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

CPU434 to CPU534 upgrade

6 posts in this topic

I am working in a "vintage" facility using ProworxNxt and need to migrate a CPU434 system to a CPU534. Can any proivde a referemnce or the broad strokes for doing this. I have changed the CPU in traffic cop using ProworxNxt offline, but not sure if there is anything else I need to do or how to "stuff" this new program into the CPU534?

Same programs both CPUs. Make Traffic Cop right, you're done.

Should I be concerned that traffic cop on the 434 is missing some racks which still work and has others defined which are "vapor ware" ?

53414 has 4Mb ram and 43412 only 2 mb ram, so you can't update 43412-to-53414 :) It's important to know, that 53414 was absolete and you can't purchaise it anymore.

Well we updated from 434 to 534-14B and the Traffic Cop was an issue.  Turns out previous tech setup traffic cop for the 200 series I/o online and even though you read from the controller both standard and extended memory the traffic cop configuration is not uploaded.  This meant we had to reconfigure traffic cop in the 200 series I/O for the Model 534 cpu.  And of course Columns and Row don't translate to Racks and Slots as a sane individual would do it.  We had Rack 2 Slot 8 above Rack 3 Slot 6 whcih was above Rack 2 Slot 1 and Rack 2 Slot 2 in column 1.  Turns out there is a knurled pin with 8 slots and this determines the slot number.  And Inputs get placed on rack 2 and outputs on Rack 3 and there is no Rack 1.  Bottom Line it was learning curve but it was successful.  And yes We know the 434/534 are obselete but they are still working.

The original 200 series with the "knurled pins" allowed for maximum I/O flexibility, but some folks didn't use common sense when setting them as you found out!