aashishplc

Getting started Logo 8

7 posts in this topic

Hi I just buy brand new 6ed1052-1md00-0ba8 (Logo 8) PLC and a USB-PPI logo cable from tradeindia.com, I am a embedded system hobbyist and fond of exploring embedded system things such as microcontrollers, FPGAs/CPLDs etc, but this time I want to try PLC. Now my problem is that I am a pure newbe to PLCs, I have a 12 V 1A DC adaaptor can I use it as PLC power supply? and input for switches? How to program my Ladder logic, function block to my plc using PLC Cable (USB) and Ethernet cable. ? Can I use Logosoft7 or only version 8 ? is my usb-ppi cable is useless, can i program my plc by my usb-ppi cable Please guide me how to get start with my PLC?, is there any step-by-step tutorial? because I googled tutorials, getting started but i am confused. Please reply soon Thanks in advance.

you can found examples of logo oba7 and oba8 here.https://w3.siemens.com/mcms/programmable-logic-controller/en/logic-module-logo/application-examples/Pages/Default.aspx7 and 8 series are connected to pc with ethernet cable.

1A power supply should be sufficient to power up the Logo and some sensors and very light loads. check datasheet for details

Make sure the Logo you have is 12VDC, not 24VDC or 120VAC. And PPI is not used with Logo, that's for S7-200. Hundreds of examples available from Siemens.

Crossbow, I guess you are a bit in confusion. I know LOGO sience many years, it can run for sure on both situations of power supply: 12V or 24V. I agree with you that PPI cable is not suitable for LOGO. To communicate with that 8-th serie of logic controller you only need a standard ethernet cable. dekor.

Haven't touched a Logo since version 4. Wasn't sure if they had a 12V model and a 24V model.

Hi, I wonder if the incompatibility of IOs modules from previous versions of LOGO with CPU LOGO! 8 is only the question of dowel pins between the bases and there is also a hardware incompatibility. If I break the plastic pin fitting 6ED1055-1CB00-0BA0 module and connect it to the bus LOGO! 8 will be compatible? Or have even acquire 6ED1055-1CB00-0BA2 module? Thank you very much!