lolosPL

CQM1H CPU 21 NS5-MQ00B V2 connection

11 posts in this topic

Hi there I own Omron CQM1H CPU21 and HMI panel NS5-MQ00B v2. I have no Idea how to connect them together. Manual for a panel hmi from here http://www.proenergo.ru/doc_pdf/nt-doc/ns12.pdf. Imade a cabel exactly like one in attached file but doesn't work. On the screen is message "connecting...." but nothing else happen. Could Anyone help me with that. I attached pictures of panel and plc. cheers
1 person likes this

Cable is correct but you need to set the correct parameters for communication in both CQM1 and NS5. Post screenshots of these.
1 person likes this

Yes, Thanks for answer I didn't set anything yet. I didn't know I have to. Is It has to be done in CX-programer. I had contact with PLC but I never played with HMI panels so it is completely new thing for me. cheers

For the CQM1, use the DE9 connection shown in the picture. This is the Host Link Port. The settings for this port can be found in CX Programmer. From the project tree, double click 'Settings' then click the 'Host Link Port' tab. For the NS, you can use either port. In CX Designer, click 'PT' from the menu then choose 'Communication Settings'. In the Com Settings dialog box, right click on the either Serial PortA or Serial PortB then click 'Add'. Match the serial settings you chose in the PLC then download your programs. If you already have a program in the NS, you can touch two corners of the screen to display the system menu. From here you can also change the serial port settings.

Hi again  I have done it and still doesn't work. I attached some screenshots of settings. Cable like on the top of page, there is connecting all the time on panel, nothing else happen. 

These settings look OK. I see that your PLC is is Program Mode. Did you transfer the settings to the PLC? It is very important that you cycle the power the PLC as well. New settings will not take effect until the power is turned OFF then back ON.

Did you transfer the settings to the PLC? Settings| Options| Transfer to PLC

Yes I did all settings are transferred to the plc and NS too.  and orange led is solid on the panel

And next to the memory card and battery is dip switch with 8 switches like on the picture.  I have set it like that: 1. off 2.off 3.on 4.on 5.off 6.off 7.on 8.on Is that correct? Anything important in it ?

Try pin 5 on and cycle power