Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
denise01

Move Value to Double Word Memory Area NB Designer

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I am using a NB 7W-TW00B to monitor a Omron G5 Servo. I use a MOV(L) 498 Long Move to control the distance and the speed that my Servo controlled Ball Screw travels.At the moment the Ball Screw is set to 320000 Double Word in Data Memory Area 5. I would like to increase and decrease the value by pressing a Button but not sure how to do it. The Command Button states single word only and also mentions LW is that the correct one to use. I have done word moves with NS but NB not so easy. Many Thanks Peter

It really is quite simple on the NB as well. In the example below, I am showing how to increment D5 (as a double integer) by 100 each time that you press it, to a maximum of 500,000. First, add a command button and set the write address information as shown below: Notice that the Word Length is set to 2 in this example. Then on the Command Button Tab, for type, choose Add Value and choose how much to add each time the button is pressed and a maximum value as shown below:

Many Thanks, Am sure I tried that last night but since found out that the Baud rate wasn't set right on Com Port 1. Still finding my way round after being used to NS. I am also trying to display the Double Word data of D5 but not showing up. I have tried Number Input and Number Display using D5 and Double Word and BCD on Data Format Basic Property Read Address and Unsigned Integer and Double Word on Numeric Data but not showing the contents of D5 not sure will persevere. Kind Regards Peter
1 person likes this

Its okay Michael. I had got the Binary and BCD mixed up works fine now
1 person likes this