Romeo

Failed Series 6 PLC

8 posts in this topic

Hello, back on 2012 i posted on this forum about the weird behavior of our series 6 plc... http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=24079 And now the plc has finaly failed, it started when 1 output was not responding so we decided to reset the plc thru the cpu key switch and it did not run again, theres also no cummunications between the workmaster programer and the plc, the manual says try reseating arithmetic module, logic module & i/o module, still it failed to run, we pulled out the cpu rack and on our workshop after many power cycle reset this happened once... https://youtu.be/mInx-7s2RIw The biggest drawback is we have NO spare modules I would like to ask you guys if anybody has experienced this, and any suggestions what module to check first for an attempt of board repair... Thank You..

I can't really feel sorry for you as you had since 2012 to replace it. There comes a time when every one of us needs to retire and give our jobs to the next generation. And the Series 6 is at lest three generations old.

Even if you were absolutely sure which module was causing the problem, why would you bother trying to repair it? Buy something currently available and supported and replace that fossil.

Hello, yup guys i know , i work at a company that has a very bad procurement dept and overall management, i requested from them on 2012 to obtain the three main modules on the cpu rack and the power supply as a ready spare, on 2014 i made a followup request for the arithmetic and logic module, when ever i followup on them they just say that they are having trouble looking for these modules, but really i know for sure that there are quite a few of these parts on online, The techs suffer from horrible bosses and bad management

Don't blame your procurement department for the situation you find yourself in. They are justifiably cautious about spending thousands of dollars on components you can only find from used and surplus parts peddlers or on eBay. In my opinion, the "bad management" was in not directing you to come up with a plan to upgrade your PLC to something current.

Steve, Russ... will the plc (cpu rack) talk to the workmaster even i dont connect it with an i/o rack? thank you...

Yes, just install the terminator plug on the CPU rack to make it the end of the I/O chain.