mondi

Citect Dynamic Pages With Genies and Supergenies

3 posts in this topic

Hi All: I am new to Citect and looking for a way to create 1 page that has 25 valves (genie that pops up a super genie) and some analog genie/super genies. What I want to do is create 1 page and dynamically replace everything when someone selects a different rack in the system. I have 4 systems that have the exact same equipment times 10 so I want to avoid creating 40 different pages. Can anyone help with some ideas on how I can accomplish this? Thanks M

You should be able to do this with metadata in a genie. The super genie will be a page with the data on it. The genie will be a button to go to load the different variables into the supergenie. Unless I'm missing something this is exactly what the genies and super genies are made for

The problem is that there is no way (that I know of) to dynamically change the genie. I need ALL items on a page to change with 40 different sets of variables. I have created genies and used Metadata to load the super genies but the data that you put in the genie is static.