drforsythe

GX Works2 "A ladder block label has not been defined."

9 posts in this topic

I am working on creating an archive file of the original documented program for a piece of purchased equipment. The original program for this FX-series plc was written in Medoc (the IEC version). With the help of The Gambit, I was able to convert the project from Medoc to GX IEC Developer, and then finally to GX Works. The problem I am having is when I compile the program in GX Works. I had a couple of labels that were reserved words and I changed them. The (hopefully) final problem I have is that I am getting Error Code C2019 which states "A ladder block label has not been defined.(Ladder Block No.16)". When I navigate to this label, I see it is called "Loop:". I do not know how to define this label to make the software happy. I tried to rename it (thinking "Loop" is a reserved word), but that did not help. I was a Mitsubishi user a long time ago, but Medoc and the dedicated programming units were the only reliable programming devices at that time. I have searched this forum and the user manuals, but have not found info. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your consideration.

Can you send me the GX Works project so I can take a look?

No, not yet. I have been on another project recently. I am going to try to get online with the machine when it becomes available. The com port is used for an HMI so I cannot try this while the machine is running. Once I get the code from the plc, I will try to merge the comments and documentation with it.

Derek, I have sent you the solution. It's not the label of the network but in that same network there is a jump for which the label has not been defined

Thanks, Gambit. It seems everything I correct causes more issues when I rebuild. I was able to get the password from the machine builder and I uploaded into GXWorks2. However, when I verify what has been uploaded to the PLC memory, it fails. I need to view what was uploaded and compare it to the converted file. They do not look the same.

Gambit: Do you have a copy of Melsec Medoc Plus? Is that what you said the original file was developed in?

Yes but you will need an installation code. I would ask your local Mits rep. You already bought the GX Works software so I expect they will help you with this

Recently in this post I published links for downloading the software.