star_69

PLC_Q - Inverter_FR-A700_Profibus

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, i have an FR-A720 with a profibus card FR-A7NP and i want to comunicate via Profibus with a QJ71PB92D that is connected to Q03UDVCPU. i have a program example for GX works2 that i download and there is a folder with two ".gsd" files. it's the first time i try to comunicate with QCPU via Profibus and i don't know how to install these ".gsd" files? any one have an idea ?(i know you do) thank you in advance!

GX configurator DP used to be the required software. Edit : I just tried to create a project in Navigator / GX works and it says I need to upgrade to use the profibus unit. I don't think this is true, maybe a translation error, but I'll update and try again. Edit 2: Yep, I'm on the latest version. Edited by Veganic

no i haven't solve it yet, but there are more ergent projects now so i will start it again when i find time, but i do download the GX configurator DP that i didn't have. thanks for the interest, if i have any news i'm going to come back.

Ok, now i'm back on this project and i've done some research.   Although, I still can’t communicate.   I find the GX configuration dp I open the gsd file I download the program to the plc. The “rsp. err.” Led, on the QJ71PB92D module is always on(red), when I run the diagnostics on GX configurator dp the error says ”exchange with the slave cannot be conducted” The wiring is good, and the settings in FR-A700 seems ok,   Anyone has any experience with projects like this? Anyone has a tested program for communication with inverter FR-A700 via profibus?  

Yes I've done it, although long time since I've used Profibus (also with the FR-A). I'm a bit late replying here, so I'll ask first: Did you solve the problem?

Kaare_t, thanks for the interest,

No, i haven't solve it yet.

I have the "rsp  err" red led light on, in the cpu.... and i can't receive data.

i have check wiring, terminator resistor, gx configurator dp prog, gx works2 prog and inverter parametes.

But i think there is a problem in FR-A7NP card, that normally the indication led should light up red if there is no connection, and green if there is connection, but in my project the indication led doesn't light anything.

I read it in manual and says that if the inverter is off the indication light is off.

i change the FR-A7NP card with a new one and it's the same, the indicating light doesn't light up.

Any advise? do you remember facing something like that?

1 person likes this

On 30.12.2015 at 2:47 PM, star_69 said:

Kaare_t, thanks for the interest,

No, i haven't solve it yet.

I have the "rsp  err" red led light on, in the cpu.... and i can't receive data.

i have check wiring, terminator resistor, gx configurator dp prog, gx works2 prog and inverter parametes.

But i think there is a problem in FR-A7NP card, that normally the indication led should light up red if there is no connection, and green if there is connection, but in my project the indication led doesn't light anything.

I read it in manual and says that if the inverter is off the indication light is off.

i change the FR-A7NP card with a new one and it's the same, the indicating light doesn't light up.

Any advise? do you remember facing something like that?

I have exactly same problem. Can you say how you have solved this? 

Have solved the problem. 

Changed wiring between line A and line B on Profibus connector (from siemens) because on FR side D+ means B line, and D- A line. Find the answer in the "FR-A7NP E kit" manual from 2016. In original manual "FR-A7NP" from 2005 find nothing about that. Maybe it will be helpful for someone.