Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr.adi

Event ID 16# 494D STOP due to IO error

10 posts in this topic

Hello guys. i have installed cpu 315-2DP. It works well, but sometimes it goes to STOP mode and turn on the SF led. If i change the key from RUN mode to STOP mode and than from STOP to RUN, it works well again. I check all module and looks fine. Can you help me how can i find a solution for this case please? My HW configuration is like in a photo. Thanks Adi

Check the CPU error message to find out what is not communicating. If you feel confident that nothing will be damaged by inhibiting the PLC from going tio STOP, you can program one of the OB's, I believe OB122 would probably be the one (the error message would confirm which OB it called I believe). https://cache.industry.siemens.com/dl/files/574/1214574/att_44504/v1/SFC_e.pdf This should stop the PLC from going to stop. You should then program in some code to catch the error. See page 1-64 of the manual I linked to for the error codes.
1 person likes this

------------------------------------------------- Event 6 of 10: Event ID 16# 494D STOP due to IO error No relevance for user (Z2): 0000 (Z3): 0000 Previous operating mode: RUN Requested operating mode: STOP (internal) External error, Incoming event 04:17:36.189 PM 10/13/2015 ------------------------------------------------------- This is the message that i found on CPU message. So it did not call any OB. OB122 I have installed. I found defest on digital input, maybe it make a short circuit? Thanks Adi

You might need OB82 (I/O Fault) and OB86 (Rack Fault) beside OB122 to solve your issue. Edited by Bryll

Thanks for your answer I have downloaded all ob that you say. OB1OB82OB85OB86OB100OB121OB122Best regards Adi

Did it solve your problem with the CPU stopping ?

Thanks for your answer How? I not understand. This problem occurs very rarely and the CPU goes to RUN mode only if I change a mode selector RUN to STOP than STOP to RUN. Best regards Adi

You should not have to toggle the run/stop selector with the OB's added to the project. The SF led will be lit, but the CPU will continue to execute the code. It will prevent the CPU from stopping, but will not take care of the problem causing the I/O error. You have to write some code into the OB that is called when the error occurs and read the diagnostic info from the I/O to know what kind of I/O error you have. The question was: Does the CPU still enter STOP mode when your I/O error occurs ?

Maybe start with a counter in each OB you've put in to see which is called. Remember Siemens advice not to have these OB's programmed all the time as its a risk to the system, they are meant to gather more information on the error. I would look to investigate the problem, fix it, then remove the OB;s or leave the counters and put in a STOP instruction.

Thanks for your answer and your advice In diagnostic log the CPU do not request any OB so I am not sure if any OB can identify this problem. For more information i will send you all diagnostic log for this event. Event 4 of 10: Event ID 16# 4358 All modules are ready for operation Operating mode: STOP (internal) Incoming event 04:17:37.441 PM 10/13/2015 Event 5 of 10: Event ID 16# 4357 Module monitoring time started Operating mode: STOP (internal) Incoming event 04:17:36.646 PM 10/13/2015 Event 6 of 10: Event ID 16# 494D STOP due to IO error No relevance for user (Z2): 0000 (Z3): 0000 Previous operating mode: RUN Requested operating mode: STOP (internal) External error, Incoming event 04:17:36.189 PM 10/13/2015 Best regards Adi