Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karkas44

ControlLogix Selection

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone, I am working in the selection of a Control System with a Logix5561 Controller in a factory. Other similar machines have been migrated to this controller, we will use the same for a last machine, and I am having some doubts in the selection of some components. Hopefully some of you can help me with your experience. There is to be used, 2 DI Modules (1756-IB32 & 1756-IB16), 2 DO Modules (1756-OB32 & 1756-OB16E), an EtherNet/IP Module 1756-ENBT for communication with a PanelView 700, and a Thermocouple Module 1756-IT6I. My questions are the following: About RTBs: - I found in the Rockwell "Product Selection" page that the 1756-TBCH Clamp Block comes only in 36 Pin format and the TBNH Nema Screw Clamp Block comes only in 20 Pin format. Is this correct? The desinger will have to use different RTBs depending on the number of points their module has, right? - Do RTBs come with the Keying bands (wedge-shaped, U-shaped)? I don't find whether they are included with the module or the RTB in the manual. If not, how are they ordered? - Do RTBs come with the identifying sticker for the module when one specifies the module to use? Or they come with the module? About thermocouple Modules: - The one used in the other machines is 1756-IT6I, and I'll use the same. I am trying to find out in the manuals if the Cold Junction Sensor to be used with this module comes with it or if it has to be purchased seperately. Is it 1756-CJC for any Thermocouple module? - The wiring guidelines in the manual for this module say something about connecting the ground end of the cable --they recommend using a Belden 8761. But what if I use the normal thermocouple cable? Is it completely necessary to use this type of cable and ground it in this way? In the module that is already installed in the other machines there is no ground connection. About DO Modules: - We are going to need additional 12 Digital Outputs at least, and the second module that I mention (1756-OB16E) is to be used for this. Now, these are not standard, if they had standars 16 output modules I'd use them, but using another standard 32 output module would be more expensive and sure there would be a lot of outputs not used. Thanks in advance.