RandomEverything

Write Values To Micrologix Tag From Excel File

3 posts in this topic

Hi All Was wondering if anyone could help i've setup an OPC Server ok and can read all the tags from my PLC. Now i need to write to some of the tags so the warehouse can input production requirements. Has anyone done this or any idea on how to do this. Any help would be great. Cheers Chris

If you're trying to write to the PLC there is a few options. By the way you state your question i'm guessing you're more of a IT guy. There is lots of software out there that can do that, but you didn't specify how you'd prefer to accomplish this.. (I Assume OPC) If you want to write your own software there is a freeware add-on called AdvancedHMI that you can use with visual studio. I've used it a few times and it works good. You didn't say how your network is laid out for the PLC for all required connections or which PLC model / comms you are trying to connect to but since you posted in the Allen Bradley forum I'm assuming it's a AB processor ... You can also use a Panelview if you want to keep to AB or ezautomation and obviously a few others have pretty good screens and ease of programming that can do this... Also how many stations do you need to write to this PLC?

Have you searched the downloads for "DDE" samples? That is typically the easiest way to get data from PLC to Excel. OPC is best, but generally requires some third party OPC server to be running on a PC.