hieutran8969

Stop drive in 2 second

5 posts in this topic

Dear all, I have a system with high speed movement application and weight of machine is near 200kg. They is controlled by Powerflex 755 22Kw and motor 22Kw (1475 rpm) and PLC control logic, connection between plc and drive is ethernet. So, now I would like to make a emergency stop button to stop machine in 2s or 1s to safety case. i have already external brake resistor, connect to drive. i have 3 confusion. 1. if i can stop a machine in 1,2s, what will happen with my device (what is broken)? drive or motor or brake resistor or mechanic part of machine...? 2. when i set my first dec. time in drive is 2s and my second dec. time is 10s, and PLC send command stop to drive via ethernet, drive will stop in 2s or 10s? 3. with 1st dec. time is 2s, and 2nd dec. time is 10s. what is different between 2 command: 1 solution: 1 send command stop and 2 solution: i will set speed setpoint of drive is 0 and command start is still remain. thanks for your support,

Logic Command Word: Bits 8&9 Accel Time 01 = Use Accel Time 1 (Par. 535) 10 = Use Accel Time 2 (Par. 536) Bits 10&11 Decel Time 01 = Use Decel Time 1 (Par. 537) 10 = Use Decel Time 2 (Par. 538)

Dear KarboFOS, if my bits 10&11 = 00 (it mean i don't care them in my program), when i command stop drive, is our default decel. time 2 second? or i have to force them to 01 to choose decel. time is 2s. thanks you,

if bits 10&11 = 00 (it mean i don't care them in my program), when you command stop drive, Decel Time 2 (Par. 538) not used. if bits 11 = 1 bit 10=0 when you command stop drive, Decel Time 2 (Par. 538) used. http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/750-pm001_-en-p.pdf page 241.

Dear KarboFOS, when Bits 10&11 = 00, and i command stop drive, you said Decel time 2 (P. 538) not use and how about Decel time 1 (p. 537)? will my drive stop with decel time 1 or it will stop with inertial force (run free) thanks you,