Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradDavis

SLC-5/04

5 posts in this topic

I have two SLC-5/04 processors (used) I updated a program in one off line in program mode. Installed the processor in the rack of the equipment being updated. Uploaded the configuration from the rack to the SLC then did a download. when I switched to key to REM the processor faulted and the DT+ led went red. Tried this with the second SLC with the same outcome. I have never had this happen before but with two SLC's doing the same thing I feel I must be doing something wrong. Any Idea's?

"DT+" light ??? if you meant to type DH+ then you probably have "duplicate addresses" on the Data Highway Plus channel ... try changing the DH+ node address (under Channel Configuration) to something else (anything else) and then download again ... if a warning comes up and says "Do you want to apply" the changes, answer "yes" ... note that this is GUESSWORK based on what you've posted so far ... secret handshake: if you're using your laptop to communicate with the SLC-5/04 through the Data Highway Plus channel - remember that your laptop will have a DH+ node address assigned to it too ...

Did you go online to see what the fault is? Edited by Mickey

I will try and answer both. Ron, I do mean DH+. I will need to check the Node address. Mickey, No I was unable to go online with the SLC. Receiving an error that denies access and asks that I download the program again. This I can do but get the same fault and DH+ error.

Are you connected thru the DH+ port or the serial port? You should be able to connect thru the serial port with a faulted processor.