Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jaccov

CX Programmer 5.0

38 posts in this topic

What do you think is the best way to start a collection of custom function blocks? 1. Format 2. Style of Documentation? (.doc, ,txt,.pdf, etc.) 3. Review committee?

I no longer truly work with PLCs in anger (as it were), but have been involved with CX-P for quite a while, so here's my five penn'orth... (If I'm way off the mark, please tell me to shut-up ) Re:- What do you think is the best way to start a collection of custom function blocks? 1. Format - I don't know quite what you mean by this, but the FBs themselves can be saved independently of the .cxp (or .cxi) project in the form of a .cxf file. This is true whether they are ladder or Structured Text. 2. Style of Documentation? (.doc, ,txt,.pdf, etc.) - documentation for the supplied FB library files are in .pdf format, so maybe usable as a template? 3. Review committee - way beyond me...

Calculates the temperture for the heating system. Heating.zip

I picked up my copy of CX-P V5 yesterday. The guy at Omron Australia tells me a web site is being set up for downloading of standard function blocks. I am not sure if this is in Ozz or somewhere else but will let you all know when I find out. Have not got time to figure all the FB whoooo haaaa yet. Will get to it one days (soon I hope).

This is true there is a website http://www.omron-cxone.com/online/registENG00.jsp Here are some FB made by Omron

The link does not appear to work. Please try again.

Use CXprogrammer 5.0. Go help, online registration

It allows me to register but does not bring up any way to get to a function block library. Cannot figure that one out. Have also tried many veriants of Omron one website but get nowhere. Help!!!

Register your software, then you can update the function library

jaccov, Did all that. Came to the register button and pressed it. Brought up the finish button and pressed it. This brought up a dialogue box "The web page you are viewing is trying to close this window. Do you want to close this window?" Click on "No" and the thing just sits there with the "Finish" button showing. Click on "Yes" and Internet Explorer closes down. No reference to anything else, just closes down. Really weird. I do not know how you got any further. www.omron-cxone.com just brings up an error "The requested URL was not found on the server". Help Jay. What is happening?

Hello. First post an' all that. (Bless me ) So, is this dead in the water or have we largely embraced the Function Block aspects of Omron PLCs? I would like to use Function Blocks a lot more as I see the potential in them. One I have developed is for communicating across DeviceNet to an E7 inverter that's set to communicate by Special I/O. Each of the 19 drives in my project are mapped through DeviceNet config into CIO areas starting at 3200 for Inputs and 3300 for outputs (if I remember correctly). I write 2 parameters to the drive (1)command word - stop, start and all that (2)frequency reference I read back 6 parameters - PID feedback value, Act Frequency, Act Curent, 2 * Status words and some other one I cannot remember off the top of my head at the moment. Thus, in order to read one parameter I have written a FB, and to write one parameter I have written another (I did one for each because of the error checking and other subtleties) Anyways... I have seen earlier that there was a reference to indirect addressing (or lack of) in Function Blocks. This brings me to my point/solution... I pass the CIO areas via Index Regisers. Well, not quite. I pass the Register Number and the actual data I wish to write to the Function Block. However, just before I call the FB, I load IR3 with 3200 and I load IR4 with 3300. Inside the function block I dereference the IR by using ,IR for a Zero offset, and +1,IR4 and +2,IR4 for offsets of 1 and 2 respectively. (I have to do this because Special I/O uses 3 words of data for I/O comms) but I could carry on and use +24,IR3 if I so wish. This works nicely when you can operate on a block of contiguous data. By the way, I always load the IRs with the CIO in and CIO out areas before calling the FB because it may take several scans of the PLC before the comms response comes back therefore I have to ensure that the FB is always dealing with the correct CIO area each time it's called. Hope this helps.

That's quite true. W438-E1-01 page 10 gives us a good example of this. However, I urge caution when using the same instance of FB unless seperated in steps of a sequence or some other means. If you are sure that only one "instance" of the same FB will be executed at any one time, then go ahead. Happy F.Block-ing

i thought i posted that a while ago on here!!!! i had to make a new screen name though cause i could not remember what it was or what my password was! But i still use that all the time! Also i attached a simple scale that will convert mm to inch, very handy!! ~Andrew ScaleGeneral.zip Edited by Andrew Ticknor