Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electric101

IN NEED OF RSLOGIX 5000 SAMPLE CODE

8 posts in this topic

Greetings, I'm ok with RSLOGX 500 but am an absolute beginer with RSLOGIX 5000 and was wondering if anyone had any simple sample code just to study. I would love something using analog input and or analog output. thanks in advance.

http://search.rockwellautomation.com/search?q=inmeta:XLANGUAGE~*&client=samplecode&filter=0&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&output=xml_no_dtd&proxystylesheet=samplecode&site=sample_code&getfields=*?=en&hl=en https://www.google.com/search?q=RSLOGIX+5000+SAMPLE+CODE&rlz=1CAASUA_enUS581US581&oq=RSLOGIX+5000+SAMPLE+CODE&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i61&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8#q=rslogix+5000+sample+programs http://www.plcs.net/downloads/index.php?PHPSESSID=9che4ro35ies4s7ttk2757dqo3&direction=0&order=&directory=Allen_Bradley Edited by Mickey

thanks Propeller, but i think after checking out a few of those that i need something specific to devicenet using 1794 flex IO analog modules... apparently there are not alot of people who use this or have experience with it.

just guessing - but if you need the help that I THINK you need, your best bet is to post your own .ACD file (ControlLogix/CompactLogix project) ... AND ALSO ... your own .DNT file (DeviceNet network) ... then ask any questions that you might have - and we'll see if we can offer some guidance ... what you're probably discovering is that with DeviceNet - EVERYthing revolves around the DETAILS ... unfortunately, we can't provide much useful help without those details .... good luck with your project ...

I tried that Guru, no one has replied... but im guessing its just because it must not be a common setup that alot of people have experience with. I've finally found a document (DNET-UM004A-EN-P) that has given me at least some pieces to the puzzle, its pretty long and i'm only to page 115 but it has shown some light on some things ... im hoping that the rest will be revealed by the end of it. but i almost always find examples to be very helpful. here is my VCD file and my DNT file. the thing im using that most people probably dont have experience with is the softlogix 5860 controller instead of a typical controllogix/compactlogix .... but besides this : If You Are Using a SoftLogix5800 Controller The 1784-PCIDS scanner organizes its input and output memory in 16-bit increments. When you access the data in the controller, the data is packed into 32-bit increments (DINTs)." they pretty much work the same for what im doing.

I dont see a way to post an attachment as a reply so i'll give you the name of my other thread that has the files attached "Addressing Help with 1794-IF2XOF2I over Devicenet in RSLOGIX 5000" I posted it last night.

I dont see a way to post an attachment as a reply Click on More Reply Options at bottom right Edited by Mickey

Take a look at my MSG instruction using BTR. I may be on to something there. my biggest question is on the Communication tab Path field... im not exactly sure how to format this. it asks for channel A or B in a dropdown below and the octal I chose channel A and octal 1. the devicenet node of the devicenet adapter is 01 and the 1784 scanner is 03. if you look at my first instruction which is a BTW its set for CIP generic instead of block transfer write... because of what i saw in this document. (screenshot included in attachment) ...intuition says my BTR is closer to what i need. your help is greatly appreciated. testnet.zip