gbradley

Micro 810 Timer Reset

3 posts in this topic

I would like to create a Ladder logic file to do the following: When an Input is pressed, I want to start a Timer. When the input is pressed again, I want to write the Elapsed time of the timer to a word, and then reset the timer, and start the timer again. I tried putting a pulse Rising Edge Contact to start the timer, and a reverse contact (XIO) on the input to keep the timer going, but this only times half of the time. This is my first project with the Micro810 On RSLogix, I can reset the Timer, so I don’t have this dilemma. Any pointers?

1. Create a new rung 1 using a Pulse ON contact from the switch to turn on a control bit. 2. Move the 'MOV' rung to the second position in the program. Use a NO of the new control bit as the trigger. 3. With the timer rung now in the third position use a NC of the new control bit as the enable for the timer. You may notice that this doesn't quite fulfill your requirements, the timer will begin running as soon as the program execution starts, but the current value of the accumulator of the timer should be saved with each press. This is based on general ladder execution. I don't have CCW or an 810 to test this on. Edited by b_carlton

I ended up using the RTO in order to get it to work. I had to Download the latest CCW Version 8.0 in order to access the RTO instruction. It's all good now. Thanks