wakeup

Debug cx-supervisor on error

11 posts in this topic

I have developed an cx-supervisor application which randomly crashes and is closed. After reopening it in the log it only says it was closed in wrong way but it doen't say in which part of the code is the problem. Do you know any way to debug, or to know where is the problem when the application have and error and is closed? Thanks

What version are you running? What is the comm method to PLC? Check about box in runtime and also mention CX-Server version. Perhaps you can update..

Version 3.23, just updated. And also just updated cx-one completly. The comunication is through and ethernet module Anyway I'm not asking for the problem, but if there is any way to debug or trace to know in which line or page is the problem. Thanks

CX-Supervisor should not crash on a project fault, but you can use the function Project > Analyse appliciation to find any faulty point references, page links etc. I suggest to install CX-Supervisor on a clean system (without CX-One) and run the project again, If it doesn't crash, you can be sure it doesn't have to do with the project. If it crashes also, there might still be a problem with CXS. I have only used 3.22 up until now.

Hi, With analyse application I didn't find any problem. I unsinstalled all cx-one, cx-server, cx-supervisor, and installed only last version of cx-supervisor but it still crashes sometimes... :( thanks

Did you uninstall using CX-One remover? Don't uninstall using Windows, it leaves a lot of files. You can download the latest version here, it gets updated quite regular. http://www.omron-cxone.com/utility/ However my experience, with these kind of problems is that uninstalling rarely helps. If you have a corrupt installation of CX-One / CX-Supervisor / CX-Server it is difficult to cure. Thats why I suggested to install CX-Supervisor on a new system, so you can check if the problem returns. CX-Supervisor by the way has recently been updated to 3.23(5).

Yes I uninstalled with cx-one remover and cx-server remover. And I installed cx-supervisor 3.23(5) I have tested it also in another computer (although not a new system) and it crashes sometimes too. I'm feeling dissapointed with CX-supervisor, It should give at least an explainatory error message... Which would be the alternative to build a scada interface? thanks a lot!

I agree, CX-Supervisor is not a "mature" SCADA application and not stable enough in my opinion. The alternative in Omron would be NS-Runtime. As far as stability goes it performs much better. It however is not really a SCADA but more a HMI running on Windows. You can design it just like an HMI with CX-Designer and needs a runtime license key just as with CX-Supervisor. For any other alternatives, there are numerous SCADA around...

Thanks I will try ns-runtime. I guess other non omron altenatives to comunicate with Omron PLCs are based in OPC server? I'm new in this world of scadas... Thanks a lot!

Yes the best approach when using a non Omron SCADA is to use OPC. Kepware is excellent. Their drivers are more up to date than most native Omron drivers of 3rd party SCADA systems.