Jiggadoo

Programming with RSLogix5000 1756-L71 CPU- loosing tag value when downloading

3 posts in this topic

Hello! I am working with RSLogix5000 software and writing the program. Very often I need to download the program to the CPU and of course it writes all program at the same time. This downloading makes problem to me, because I loose parametrizised data from the CPU, downloading will always overwrite default values of the tags. Some parameters are written from the panel and I want to keep these parameters allthougt I am downloading new program. How should I handle this? Some tags can be overwriten, some not.

Not too many options but here are a couple I've used: 1. Get online and save a copy before making changes and downloading. Simplest method, but assumes that no parameters change while you're making your changes offline. 2. Get online and make programming changes online. You won't lose any data, but making changes online has to be done with care. 3. Use the Tag Upload/Download tool (optional install with Logix5000). Use the tool to upload data, then download new program, then use the tool to download the original data. This is clumsy, but it works.

Thank you for helping... Item 1 I have been using until now, only I need to remember to save it always online. This made me to ask other possibilities. Because I have not been any training for this programming there might be lot of things that I do not know. Changes in online is good, if I do not need to make many changes. Item 3 is totally new for me, I need to try this too.