jdrake

Allen Bradley conversion to omron

8 posts in this topic

I am a student in a industrial maintenance class. some of the other students struggle with Omron because all the info in our textbooks is based off of AB. I was wondering if anyone had a instruction conversion list from AB to Omron? any help would be appreciated! thanks

There's no real conversion list or conversion capability between vendors. Which AB? Which Omron? That makes a big difference in the comparison of the products.

SLC 500 and micrologix 1500 and our omrons are CP1L-E's

Those platforms are quite similar. As Crossbow has stated, there is no conversion list. You'll have to know what the instruction is doing then find the comparable one in the other PLC. Most of them will be easy. You should give it a shot then post back when you get stumped. Many here will be glad to help.

The Omron programming manuals are available in PDF format from here.

basic instructions (NO and NC contact, MOV etc.) are same in all PLCs, advanced instructions are different in all of them. each PLC will have matching instruction set and programming manual. before you can start programming you need to learn about different types of memory and what is available on particular product (bit, integer, timer, counter, etc. then retentive or not)

we were programming and learning on the fly. the only thing I couldn't find was a instruction similar to a sequencer output from logix 500. thanks for the link I just gave it to all my classmates!