jdrake

Omron CP1L-E connecting to a Omron NB7W-TW01B

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I am trying to connect a CP1L-E to a NB7W-TW01B via a 5 port Ethernet switch. I have communication from the laptop to the PLC and from the Laptop to the HMI. but it seems like the HMI and PLC aren't communicating with each other. The HMI will not control the PLC. I've tried everything I know to do with the communication settings and it still will not work. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appreciated! thanks

More info please. What is IP of screen? What is IP of PLC? Is screen communication driver set to communicate to IP of PLC? Some screen shots of your setup may help people spot the problem.

The Computer isn't online. screen IP-192.168.0.202 PLC IP-192.168.0.200 Laptop IP-192.168.0.201 Switch IP-192.168.0.1 in the system manager section it is set to communicate with PLC IP. in the transmission setting the IP needs to be 192.168.0.202 for it to download.

A few key things to have setup. See the attached images. In the Ethernet settings of the NB, make sure that the Station number for the PLC and the NB match the last octet of the IP address. Make certain the correct protocol is selected. In the setup of the CP1L-E, make certain the node number matches the last octet of the IP address.