hboyer90

FactiryTalk View Macros

2 posts in this topic

This may be a dumb question, but what are macros, and how do I make/use them? I'm working on a PanelView Plus program and I'm putting a log in/ log out screen to give different people different security and I see "Log in and Log out Macros". I also see macros on the left side of the explorer window in FactoryTalk View Studio. What are they and how do I use them? I'm pretty new to using FactoryTalk View. Thank you.

Macros let you change tag values, based on an event. It is a simple version of scripting. You create the macro files from the explorer window, then you assign them to an event somewhere else. These events can be assigned a macro: user login or logout display open or close based on an expression, when it changes from zero to non-zero (Remote macro in global connections) a user pushes a Macro push button on a graphicAssign a tag on the left side of a macro line and then assign a math expression on the right side. tag <---- math expression Whatever the right side evaluates to will be sent to the tag on the left side. You can use/assign strings and a few other items, but that is quite limited. Things to note The lines within a macro are not guaranteed to execute in order (ex. not always line 1, then 2, then 3...etc.). As an example, you may have line 23 complete before line 15 does. Macro files will be completed in order. So, if you trigger macro 1 it will execute before macro 2 starts. Macro lines within the same file are executed in blocks of 50. The first 50 lines are executed and completed before the next block of 50 lines are executed (should you actually have a macro with that many lines).