Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaulKim1003

Modicon CTY2A and CTY4A, are these controllers?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new-bie for using Modicon. this is what we have and i was wonderting if these are controllers. if they are, why do we have 2 of them? I am trying to get PLC program for back up. Can someone help me out? Thanks for reading

Hi, CTY2A and CTY4A are fast counting modules, there's no program inside, everything is in the plc. JC

in the picture, PSY2600 is the power supply right? where can i get the plc program for backup? I am sorry I dont know anything about modicon. Thanks

Yes this is the power supply. If it's the only rack you got, processor is missing. The processor looks like this one : JC Edited by acpi

Then how is it running? does it mean i can not get the back up plc program???

Morning, How many rack do you have ? the supply give power to the cards that's why they are lighted but that does not mean it's running. You should have a processor somewhere to be functionnal if not I don't understand how it could work. Do you have a computer on the machine ? cause Schneider had pc processor called "atrium" or PCX57 ("normal" processors are TSX57) : If you have a card like this, the program is inside, if you have neither processor in the rack nor in a pc, so I'm afraid you have no program at all... JC

I see big cable on the left side of the power supply. May be it's only extended rack without plc and the plc is placed in main rack?