Inntele

The proposal for MrPLC forum members of Mitsubishi section

3 posts in this topic

Hello everybody, As many of you can see, I took a course onto development the user libraries, that able to simplify extremely a PLC programming process, to help programmers to increase a productivity of their labor, to reduce a program code and quantity of used system variables, to improve readability of programs. A part of libraries has been already developed and looks fine. Also I full with new ideas, plans and could design new and new that then to share these libraries with other programmers. The work is bringing me a pleasure, however, at current situation I can not allow for me to share the libraries for free. I can explain why. First of all, it takes my time, which is money, and I should feed my family, also the work eats a health, which is not infinitive. The second, those who can get it for free, will not appreciate the labor and will distribute it to the left and to the right. The third, ME has not an interest to my offer, to the products and doesn't want to help to make it available for all. What I'd like to propose to you: If you have an interest, I can offer to open a subscription to the ready and new libraries, which will be developed further. What I can promise and guarantee: I will collect wishes and requirements of subscribers and all can vote, what should be realized at first. The subscribers will can get a release with up to four small libraries or one big (for example, such like Modbus Master/Slave library) every month, that will fit to the requirements and the collective choice. What's a payment for the subscription? I suppose a fee in 100 USD per annum will not be predatory for a subscriber's pocket. The fee will cover costs in case, if the number of subscribers will exceed 70 people. Thanks to all for the attention and I'd like to offer to discuss the proposal in this topic. Edited by Inntele

Who are you aiming this 'fee' at ? I realise you have done a special course and spent a lot of time perfecting and writing FB's and libraries and I am sure everyone appreciates your efforts and good will at sharing some of them here. But, I doubt seasoned programmers would pay a yearly fee to have access to your libraries and newbies wouldn't know what they wanted. After all, this and other PLC forums are run for the free help to beginners and pro's alike.

First of all, thank you for the feedback! I can add that the user libraries are available for free from Mitsubishi website... I know the programmers like to use a free software and don't like to pay for any. I'm not an exception. However, there is a difference of my libraries (as and knowledges) with these free. It's another level of programming. Some libraries has not analogues by Mitsu and thus doesn't available for download. For programmer, who see the difference between the free libraries with libraries, developed by me, who appreciates time, wants to save it and to do the work more productively, will not spare $ 100 per annum. To demonstrate in what is the difference. Could I ask you, how many steps on your opinion should occupy a PID library for Q-serie (1 INIT + 1 LOOP + 1 START)?