Tarlochan Singh

Analog Input to CP1E from MX2 Drive

9 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone I am new user of CX programmer and i am facing problem in scaling of analog input signal coming from omron drive followings are the details PLC- CP1E Drive Series - MX2 Analog Input - 0-10V Frequency 0-50Hz on drive Requirement - 0Hz = 0RPM, 50Hz=12000 RPM I have used scl(194) but it is not coming as per the requirement Need your help Thanks TS

Use this - it is much easier. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=996 It pays to look in the download section? Same question from yuo and someone in Malaysia? Rather strange. Edited by BobB

Yep - works a treat.

Not in CP1-E , no FB support The SCL function can scale to a value of 9999... The easy fix would be to multiply the CIO90 analog input 1 value which has a range of 0 (0V) to 6000 (10V) times 2 to get your RPM value But then, if the RPM range needs to change later on the calculation will fail... You can work with floating numbers in CP1E though so attached is an example how to calculate your RPM. Scale_RPM.cxp

Aaargh - do not use CP1-E and did not realise there was no FB support - sorry.

SCL, SCL2 or SCL3 are OK but I much prefer the APR instruction using Linear Extrapolation Function. Input and Output data types can be configured more easily than SCL based upon your requirements. My 2 Cents.

Attached is program using APR instruction using data values from first post. Change PLC settings for analog setup and transfer to PLC. Don't forget to POWER CYCLE PLC AFTER CHANGING SETTINGS!!! CP1E_APR_SCALING.cxp
1 person likes this