Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transistor

RSLogix 500 duplicating comments on adjacent rungs

3 posts in this topic

RSLogix 500 Rev 8.20 CPR 9 I'm editing a new program and on a few occassions I have created / edited a comment and discovered that the comment has been applied to the rung and either the one before it (overwriting the existing comment if there is one) or the first rung of the next subroutine. I'm nervous. Anyone seen this behavior. Note: I am using my monitor in portrait mode so program listing is long but I can't imagine that's related.

rung comments may be attached to either the OUTPUT ADDRESS - or to the FILE/RUNG NUMBER ... you should be able to find the setting as a selection button in the upper left corner of the comment editor ... so ... if the comment is attached to the OUTPUT ADDRESS - and that address appears on more than one rung - that's when you'll see the same comment in more than one place ... (example: a LATCH and an UNLATCH rung will both share the same comment) ... NOTE: attaching to the rung number will prevent the "multiple comment" problem - but if ANOTHER computer is used to add or subtract rungs, then the comments can be "skewed" ... this can be TOTALLY confusing to someone trying to troubleshoot the system later down the road ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Got it! When creating the comment select the Attach to File/Rung radio option. Duh!