Transistor

Unable to switch Mitsubishi FX5U back to RUN from GX Works3

6 posts in this topic

Hi, again. (I'm getting good support!) Every time I write to PLC it is switched out of run mode. I use Remote Operation to try to switch back to run mode but I get blinking P.RUN indication and blinking RUN light on PLC. I have to cycle the power to get back to run mode. Can I switch to run remotely?

This probably depends on if you've download new parameters. Normally when there are new parameters inside you have to cycle the power or rst the PLC so that the new parameters become active. This is probably why you get the blinking notification. Try downloading only the program.

For some reason, the latest GX Works3 (1.010L) only allows you to download the whole project (parameters included).

Also in your FX5UCPU CPU Parameter settings, just check that your Operator Related Setting section for Remote Reset Setting. Just make sure, that is enabled.

That means that remote reset can't work then? How is anyone doing remote support in that case?

Don't know FX5U, but if it's anything like Q Series, there is an option to set which would allow remote reset via software. It's considered a safety issue to be able to reset the PLC when you're not in front of it. If you reset a crashed PLC and it goes into run mode at restart, then it may not be safe for anyone working on the machine. So in Q Series, a simple check box and downloading the updated parameters allows remote reset. But this has nothing to do with remote run/stop.