chinaski

Getting current alarms list to customize visualization

3 posts in this topic

Hi, to all. I have a question concerning the current alarms of CX-Supervisor, I'm using the version 3.22. I want to do a custom alarm view where the alarm messages have a different colors depending on the priority (ex. red for high priority, yellow for medium priority, etc...). I want also that the alarms are ordered by date & time, first the latest. The alarm object is not good because doesn’t allow to order by date & time and you can decide only one colour for all the alarms.The current alarm dialog box allows to order the alarms but non to customize the colors. I did some test and I've seen that I can fill a list with different line colors by using the ActiveX object Microsoft ListView Control 6.0, but I need the current alarm list to do it. I don't know where to get this list. The alarms history is stored in the .UAL and .UAB files but I didn't find any file with the current alarms. Does anyone know how to get the current alarms list? Does anyone know another way to have the same effect? Thanks in advance

you could maybe use audit trail function. it can log into ms sql server which is free nowdays, and also to ms access. Anyway, you can log all alarms into audit trail database or just selected (Project -> Runtime settings -> Audit trail settings). this way you get nice database with table Alarms which you can access from some client app. I am not familiar with this ActiveX you've mentioned, but you should try. regards Edited by tashinz

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have seen the audit trail fuction, but it's a copy of the alarms history. It is useful if you want to store a very large number of alarm hystory records (max 5000 for cx-supervisor history default tool) but I want to display only the active alarms.