Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
innoaloe

Sysmac Studio NJ Uploading Error

4 posts in this topic

Hello! So I have this issue with me by this week. I have an NJ with unit version 1.00. I had not did any download/upload on this unit. Due to the need of showing using Password capability on Function Blocks, I need to upgrade the unit firmware version, so I changed it to 1.10. After that I tried to program a simple two Sections program. I left the CPU for a week, then when I get back to it, I upload the program from the CPU. And the upload was SUCCESSFUL! No errors are shown. However all of the Rungs inside each Sections contains nothing. Even though the two Sections that I made before are still present. The program itself is still working though. If I open the previously saved project, going online and do variable controlling, I'm still able to do so. Has anybody experienced this before? Any suggestions / solutions? Thank you...

If you password protected the function blocks then you cannot see the code in them after upload. And how did you change the firmware version?

Hello Crossbow, thank you for your reply, but it seems you've misunderstood the question. In the program, I indeed add Password to a Function Block, but I did not add Password to the whole program. So in my opinion, when I upload the program it should display the whole Ladder Program inside the sections. Only when I tried to open the Function Blocks then the contents of the function block won't be shown. Regarding firmware update, I got from Omron representative, to update my sample NJ

There's a check box on the Synchronize screen which says whether or not to download the source code. If this box is not checked when you download, then there should not be any upload capability at all. Other than that, there is no reason I can think of why you cannot see the code which was not hidden behind a password.