Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vodoca

Health timeout in Concept Momentum

7 posts in this topic

On Momentum PLC we have setup remote network modules as follows: On output modules with ADO 740 50 we have setup Last Value to Set to 0. Does it actually mean that the output value will be set to 0 in PLC memory immediately when PLC loses ethernet connection with the output module? We have setup hold up timeout on 170 ENT 110 01 on the remote side, but I am not sure how exactly the Concept parameters work with output remote modules. In the Concept documentation the process how Health Timeout and Last Value works is poorly documented. So the question is basically: How does Health timeout and Last Value parameters work in Concept Ethernet I/O Scanner with Momentum and remote output module ADO 740 50 with ENT 110 01? When timeout occurs in communication with output module ENT 110 01+ADO 740 50 and Last Value is configured to "Set to 0", does it mean that the output variable assigned to this remote module is set to 0 in PLC memory? If there are Timed out transactions on PLC with Health timeout expired, would that appear in Ethernet statistics on Momentum web page? Edited by vodoca

Hello Vodoca, Health Timeout setting in IO scanner affect only data, which you read from your slaves. So if communication with your slave going lost, then IO request will be not answered, the PLC wait 300ms (in our case) and repeat his request (3 times ?- I hope). After that if slave don't respond then the input data from slave will be replaced yb 0 in plc memory. The timeout value for digital outputs (+ENT11001) is between 300ms and 60s and must be configured via webpage of INT.
1 person likes this

Thanks, but does that mean that when PLC looses communication with a remote output module, that the correponding variable value in the PLC memory (not in the remote module) remains the same - holds the 16 bit word value regardless on the health state of the remote module? Because we have a problem that the output word value in the remote module suddenly resets to 0 even when no network error seems to happen (and we have already replaced the whole module ADO+ENT with a new one and setup holdup to 5 seconds and also set it up to retain the value when a network error occurs). Thank you for all those replies, I am having troubles getting support on this from the manufacturer. Edited by vodoca

Finally I got a reponse from Schneider technician that Last Value parametr really affects only input registers and not outputs at all. Outputs are not affected by non-communicating remote module.Thank you. Edited by vodoca

vodoca, thanks for your respond
1 person likes this

The reason I have asked was, that one system integrator warned me, that the "Set to 0" in Concept will affect output registers, which was a surprise to me, but Schneider technician disproved that. I do not have any Momentum lab where I could test it.

it looks like some technician have more experience as high paid system integrators ;)
1 person likes this