Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FET_Destroyer

NS control SEW driver over RS232

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I have a movidrive SEW motor drive and I have to read/write some parameters via the avaiable RS232 port on the NS. There are several options avaiable on the NS the problem is I dont know which is compatible or if it's compatible with sew movidrive serial rs232 (http://download.sew-eurodrive.com/download/pdf/10531610.pdf). Can somebody help me with this? Regards

No, it will not work with that protocol. You could add a small CP1 PLC with 2 ports on it. The HMI could communicate to one port (either with Ethernet or Serial) and then the PLC could send serial commands to the drive using TXD / RXD commands in ladder.

Hello Michael, I thought this could be easy, but since its not the better is to add some scu module to the PLC. Do you know which protocol SEW use in rs232/485 serial communications? Regards

I have looked at the SEW protocol and it does not match any of the SCU built in protocols. However, it is within the capability of a custom protocol which would need to be designed with CX Protocol which comes with the CX One programming suite.