PCS

Windows10 and Studio 5000 V26

12 posts in this topic

I have a new PC that is running Windows 10, I have RSLogix 500 loaded and working no problem, along with RSLinx, Factory Talk Activation... etc. I also loaded the Studio 5000 package and it loaded without a problem however will not run. It starts and allows you to pick a project to work on, then will display the Logix 5000 splash window for a second, then just close. No error message, crash or idea of what it is doing, just closes. So far no help from AB, perhaps someone here is running this on Windows 10 or has an idea how to figure out why it is closing. Thanks

Have you checked Windows Event Viewer? That is the first place to look for application errors. I'm running Studio 24 on windows 10 with no issues, and Logix up to 19 with no issues. Did you try the usual uninstall/reinstall?

I looked in the event viewer and didn't find anything. Also have removed and re-installed without any luck. I may try an earlier version and see if it will work. Thanks

I have the same issue that PCS described. I installed Studio 5000 V26 on windows 10. When starting the application I am allows to select a project and I see the studio 5000 logo as though the software were starting. But then it never opens. it just stops with out any error message. I uninstalled and re-installed but have the same results.

PCS did you ever find a solution? 

V26 will install on Windows 10 but does not execute. I brought out my older Windows 7 laptop, spent over an hour downloading v26.01 and installing. Once done, I was able to go online with the processor and upload the existing application.

Would be nice if A-B admitted that something doesn't work rather than just (as usual) assuming that the user will automatically update to the latest version. At version 31 there is either a serious issue with the platform or they are adding features before they are properly tested.

Hope this note helps others.

Right click on your software .exe and run it in a different compatibility mode.  Oddly enough, my windows 10 PC would run the software in vista compatibility mode.

This sounds like you are having the same problem that I had.  When I switched to Windows 10, I had to do the following and it seemed to fix it:

• Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\Studio 5000\Logix Designer\ENU\v21\Bin\

• Right click LogixDesigner.exe

• Run as admin and enter credentials

I suppose your path will be V26 instead and you will need to have admin privileges.

Edited by jh07052
clarity

activation helper service needs to be running

Last I knew and it has been a while since I checked Studio 5000 V30 is the lowest version certified by RA to run on Windows 10.

So this might be a dead topic, but I want to thank everyone for their comments.  Drilling down to version 26 in the Rockwell Software folder and running it in Windows Compatibility Mode (Windows Vista) worked.  I suspect this will work with other versions of Rockwell Software that are not officially supported with Windows 10 as well.

Thanks! 

The Compatability Matrix lists V24 , V28 , and above as Win 10 Compatable.  21,23,26 & 27 are not for some reason although 20.05 is.