jgreg

CPM1A Backup/password

3 posts in this topic

Hi all, I hope one of you kind people could help me: I have an Omron CPM1A CPU where the outputs are damaged. I have a new blank CPU and I would like to transfer the program, however, the UM is read-protected. The backup tool doesn't seem to cater for the CPM1A. Is there any other way the program could be transferred? The customer does not have the program or the password. I do not believe that I am interfering with any intellectual rights here because the OEM are long since departed and all I want to do is transfer the program, not modify it. Many thanks in advance. JG.

You should contact Omron. I believe that they have some sort of process for dealing with these types of situations that involves you signing a document that states that you own the program / the original owner is out of business. Omron is your only option to resolve this issue.

There could be another option, if my memory is good about CPM serie: The output relays (or transistor) are not on the same card than the CPU. (Correct me if I'm wrong...) So you could just take the card that manage the IO and transfer it on the new PLC.