Bradley Shroyer

FTView8: Using parameter parameter file name on Goto button

2 posts in this topic

Is there anyway to use an existing parameter, or HMI tag, as the name of the parameter file to open on a Goto Display button settings? I would swear that I had this working two days ago. I tried it today and can't get anything to work. I have multiple screens for setting up equipment. Each piece of equipment has its own parameter file. I don't want to have a button for each piece of equipment on each screen and only show the button for the currently selected equipment. What I have and thought was working was is a bunch of parameter files named System X, where X is a number. On Screen 1 I have a Goto Display button going to Screen 2. The parameter file was set to "{#2}". In each System X parameter file #2 = SystemTagsX. In my HMI Tags, I have several tags names SystemTagsX, each one set to "System X" (matches the parameter filename). As I mentioned, I thought this was working and remember testing it two days ago. I've done other things to the project testing out different things and don't know if I broke something or not. All I know is I've spent several hours this morning trying everything to get it working again and now it doesn't. If I was on drugs when this was working a couple days ago, I wish I knew which ones so I could go back on them. Thanks anybody for your time and help, Brad

I'm assuming you are using FT View Studio ME. I don't have version 8.0 running at the moment, but on my version 7.0, you need to hit the checkbox in the Goto button options called "Use Variable Display". Then, in the connections tab, put your parameter # in the DisplayName box. That should work for you. Best of luck!