Damica

Connected Component Workbench

4 posts in this topic

Hello: I am new to Connected Component Workbench and Ladder Logic. I am using a ladder with 2 direct contacts on the first rung in series - the first is a N/O switch and the second is a N/C switch how do I make the second direct contact represent a N/C switch. So that someone else looking at my program would know right off the second switch is a N/C switch. Thanks My program functions as it should but the ladder diagram looks like two N/O switches in series.

This is a major complaint I have about Connected Components software. In an attempt to dumb down the software they've tried to relate the "normally open" instruction to a set of normally open contacts and a "normally closed" instruction to a normally closed contact. They are as close to the same as a dog is to a cat and your question is a perfect example of the problems that happen when software writers make these associations. The short answer is there is nothing wrong with using a "normally open" instruction with a normally closed set of contact blocks. If you need a way to remember it is normally closed then note that in the description. While a little long, read this article for a detailed explanation. http://www.theautomationstore.com/rslogix-500-lesson-2-basic-xic-xio-and-ote-instructions-1/
1 person likes this

Thanks for your reply, that's exactly what I did(Start switch N/O contact)(Stop switch N/C contact), I just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.

Greetings friends. This week was conducting an Ethernet connection between a Compact Logix PLC and a panel view 1000 plus. The point is that had a small cable (5 m) and the connection was normal. However he was then using a 20 m cable and there was no way to connect the two computers. Use the cable from my laptop to the PLC and worked very well. When using the same cable from my laptop to the view panel could not establish communication. We appreciate your help. Thank you.