denise01

R88D-KN0-2ML Inputs

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am trying to apply a Emergency Stop to a G5 Servo by applying it as an Input to CN1. The manual states that if I connect to pin 7 on the Connector Block that connects to CN1 and assign the Parameter Pn 400 for Input 1 Emergency Stop then I should be able to stop the Servo but this is not happening. In the manual it looks like I have to apply 0 volts through the E Stop and on to pin 7, The Inputs are ststed as Emergency Cosignment Alarm NO or NC. Can anyone please advise on the correct way to wire and set up so that when I make the E Stop the Servo stops. Many Thanks

If you have a contact between Pin7 and negative DC supply then when the contact opens(no connectivity between Pin7 and negative), the servo will stop. The servo will run only if there is connectivity between Pin7 and negative DC. Depending on the safety level required, you may consider using redundant power relays and e-stop buttons monitored by a separate safety relay and have one of the NO contacts on your power relays connected between Pin7 and negative DC. On the other hand, verify that it's Pin7 for Input1, it may be Pin5.

Many Thanks I think that pin 7 on the connector goes to pin 5 on CN1. Do you happen to know what the parameter for the input 1 is set to using CX Drive. It is Pn 400. We will use our Redundancy Contactors to control 0 volt to pin 7. Just not sure what parameter to set. Regards

The manual says use "0094 9494 hex" (which is default) for NC operation. NC is the case where drive will stop if there is no connectivity between pin 5 on CN1 and negative DC. Or, use "0014 1414 hex" for NO operation where the drive will stop if there is connectivity between pin 5 on CN1 and negative DC. I'd use the NC case. This way, you make sure the drive will stop if there is a wire connection problem. By the way, make sure you always have +24VDC on pin 6 on CN1.

The CN1 Emergency stop is not safety rated. CN8 provides the PLd safety function. The estop signal on CN1 is (IMHO) redundant. For tidiness, I'd disable (servo off) the drive via ML2 aswell when the emergency stop is called for. Pp

Okay Thanks, I have ordered a 8 pin connector so will utilise our Guard Relay outputs. I take it that the safety circuit should also be utilised as an input to unlock the servo? I am going to put in the Origin Reed Switch tonight and will also put in a forward position Reed which I thinks is also used in CN1. Regards