LD_M

Modicon PLC 0984-145

3 posts in this topic

Dear Experts, Hello!, this is the first time for me to post in this forum, and and my questions might be too noob to ask. Anyway, here is my situation. We have a oil fryer machine, purchased from another company, which have a modicon plc. The plc is 984 - 145 cpu, and I/O cards are DEP216 / DAP 216. I have a copy of the electrical schematic diagram, as well as the printed copy of the plc program. What I don't have is the source soft copy of the program. What software do I need to purchase, in order to go online with the plc? and the comm. cable needed? Are the hardware still available in the market? I tried searching for other post, regarding modicon 984 but, there is no post related to 984-145. ( Or my search is just not enough..... ). Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Leo

Hey Leo; I have a manual for that series of PLC, and I know it can be programmed with ProWorx NXT or 32. You do need to know what it was programmed in, and the program printout should identify that somewhere in the header or footer. Otherwise post some pics of the soft copy and it may be apparent. We have a 984-245 here at our plant, and will be phasing it out at some point, but have been able to find refurbished spares and they can also be repaired. It's expensive though. Depending on the application you may have better luck changing the PLC entirely should something fail. You have the program, so that makes it easier. I've uploaded the manual for the PLC familyCompact.pdf in case you need that. Happy programming, Speakerman.

Speakerman, Thanks for the information, and the manual. Leo