valsidalv

Problem reading analog output value from Q64AD

5 posts in this topic

I've got a PLC stack with a Q64AD analog-digital converter card. I am attempting to read the digital output value of channel 1 but I am having issues. First of all here is my simple PLC program: I got the program from the Q64AD user manual. You can see there is a blue '0' on the right of line 0. I assume this is the value that is being read? When I monitor the D11 device in GX Developer it shows a '0'. The following is a screen from Online > Monitor > Buffer memory batch. My card has a base address of 0x60 and channel 1's offset is 11d (0Bh). The value on the highlighted line does change so I know that the analog card is correctly picking up on current changes from my source. Lastly here is an image of my digital inputs. I have set up the Q64AD card through the GX Developer PLC Parameter window and left all settings as default. I initially used 'K11' instead of 'H0B'. I have also tried using the MOV command (MOV U0\G61 D11) but that game me the same result. Can anyone spot the flaw in my program of configuration? Do I need to configure the PLC in order to use the 'D' devices? Should I try copying the value somewhere other than D11? Thanks

Hello Valsidalv, please check D12. I think you need D11 and D12 for this. Just make sure D12 is not used for something else. Jurgen

even if D12 was being written to elsewhere it wouldn't effect D11. however, D11 could be written to elsewhere perhaps? I have just compared your program to a working one and the digital inputs on that card are the same. the code to retrieve the analogue value looks the same, other than we use K11 instead of H0B. im not sure what else to suggest. im sure you have done this already, but have you done a plc reset since fitting and setting up the card? have you set up the card correctly in the plc parameters?

According to your first screen shot the PLC is in stop Rodney
1 person likes this

A bunch of expletives were said aloud upon seeing that you were correct. Thanks for the help!