PaulKim1003

FactoryTalk View Studio Error !

2 posts in this topic

Hello I am having a difficult time with opening FactortyTalk Studio. It was working fine yesterday, but when I tried to open it today. I got an error and it says " SQL Server 2008 Express Instance 'FTVIEWx64TagDB' which is required for FactoryTalk View v6.1 or later cannot be found' Unfortunately, I do not have a contract with Allen-Bradley so I can not get help from them I have attached the error too. Can anyone help me out with this issue? Thanks for reading. Have a good day :)

Hello, Solution 1Go to Windows Services and make sure the SQL Server FTVIEWx64TagDB service is running and set to Automatic. Start -> Search and type services.msc to access the Windows Services Management Console. Solution 2Check to see if the following error exists in the Application Log (viewable under Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Application Log). The log scan number (XX:XXXX:XX) passed to log scan in database ‘Model’ is not valid. This error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). If this error occurred during replication, re-create the publication. Otherwise, restore from backup if the problem results in a failure during startup. Note: Solution 2 works only on the database 'model'. If you get the same error with the 'master' or any other variation, solution two will not work. If this error appears, apply the following steps: Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\DATA Delete the modellog.ldf and the model.mdf. Browse to the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Template Data Copy the following two files: modellog.ldf and model.mdf. Paste the two files in the folder located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.FTVIEWX64TAGDB\MSSQL\Data Reboot