Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

What To Do With Old Rs Software Cd-roms

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the rest of you did with your old RS Software CD-ROM's? They aren't really any good without activation, but could they be given to someone else? I have older RS View, RS Linx, RS 500 CD-ROMs growing out my ears... I was using them as coasters for while, but now I have enough of those. Then I have a neighbor who has a Golden Retriever that likes freezbies...and man we just go to town, throwing CD-ROMs and he brings them back until he has it nawwed so bad you can't even read the words RS Software anymore...he he he..

You can pull the guts out of an old battery clock and just use the hands and the battery compartment to make a CD clock. The thread and locknut just fits through the hole in any CD.

If you're a handyman, you can with some duct tape and old RS cd's, you make a super dooper toilet paper holder.

I hoard them like a mad squirrel. About once a year some sort of fire drill comes along and I need to get my hands on an obsolete software package or one that's not included in RSRevs anymore. Four years ago I had a manager who "uncluttered" my software archive for me by throwing away dozens of diskettes with obsolete software and activations on them. Three months later he was working for Microsoft and I still get calls to support software that was obsolete when Reagan was President.

My daughter uses them for art projects and mobiles in her room.