rajsiyer

Creating Faceplates in WinCC(v13+) using User-defined data-types

1 post in this topic

Hi friends, I am a little new to WinCC. I am using a WinCC RT Advanced license within TIA portal v13.1 I need a little help in my current project as described below. I am attempting to create a faceplate of a solenoid valve,, The "Valve" is a user-defined data-type with the following 4 elements 1. Cmd - or command. - Bool 2. Cls_Fb - or Closed -Feedback -Bool. 3. Aut - or Automatic Mode -Bool 4. FTC - Fails to close -Bool. I tried the following procedure as described in TIA portal help.. Method -1 1. I created a User-defined data type called Valve comprising of the above 4 bool elements. 2. In the graphics I made a image of solenod valve with one rectangle (solenoid) and one polygon for valve body. 3. Under the Faceplate Properties (See figure attached) I inserted a property ang gave it the data-type Valve as above. However, when I drag a property from the 'Contained objects list' to the interface side, it is not getting substituted. such as the Rectangle_1 's background color I try to associate with the interface property Valve.Cmd. It does not get assigned when dragged. Since this does not work I tried another approach, Method -2 I attempted to declare a variable tag of UDT type 'valve' in the faceplate's tab Tags. I found that it is not possible to declare a local variable of User-defined types here. Please guide me how to proceed. Thanks for looking in and best wishes for your success. Regards, Raj S. Iyer Edited by rajsiyer