PaulKim1003

FactortyTalk Trend Issue

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have built trend for a pressure transducer. It is working fine when the trend is open. However, When I go to different pages and come back to the trend, It loses all the data it was showing before. The HMI is panelview plus 700. What is this path?? Can anyone help me with this Any help would be great. Thanks Edited by PaulKim1003

Do you have your Data Log Model selected in your Trend Object?

Yes I do. Panel view plus 700 is not an embedded system. is it why it can't store data? Because I don't have a path where data log files will be store. Edited by PaulKim1003

(1) Make sure you have the {Stretcher}Pressure_Transducer tag added to the data log model (Connections tab of the trend) (2) Enable & select the Pressure_Trend model in the Startup settings of your project. In FTView Studio, the Startup settings are in the project explorer tree. (3) assign the data log to the trend, on the pens tab; as you have already done. It doesn't make sense, but you need to do all three to get the data log working.

Create a display in your PV+ project and put a FactoryTalk Diagnostic display list object on it. After you start up the application, navigate to this Display and look at the startup messages to see if there are any that relate the starting of the Data Log Model. The steps that AJ described do work. If you did all three of them, but still don't have a working data log model, then either you didn't do them correctly or there is some other bug that is stopping the data log model and the trend object from working correctly together. Such a bug will almost assuredly show up in the FactoryTalk Diagnostic list.