Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asad heidarloo

Load Cell FOR FX-series

6 posts in this topic

Can anyone tell me the part no. (P/N) for the Mitsubishi MELSEC-FX series programmable Load Cell

Dear Asad, As far as I know only Mitsubishi Q-series have such a load cell module (Q61LD) If you need to connect to a FX you can use the analogue input extention module and write some software to convert the load cell value to a 4-20mA or 0-10Vdc range. Best regards, Theo V.

As Theo V said, most loadcell amplifiers have a 4-20mA output. Just feed this into a standard 4-20mA analogue input module. Just make sure that the amplifier can scale the output to give negative weight values (not all do). So basically 4mA can be -100Kg or -100 grams etc. Otherwise the scale could be negative but to the PLC it would think it was zero (hope this makes sense). The only problem with 4-20mA (from my experience) is that sometimes it is not absolutely linear throughout the scale (it will be fine at 4mA and 20mA but a bit out in the middle). You could of course get the value digitally using serial comms (rs232) but that is a bit more work - or use the E-Net Ethernet module, as a few amplifiers will let you connect via Modbus TCP. Regards Edited by Nightfly

I wouldn't say most load cells are 4-20mA. I've seen many that are +- 100mv. I think the FX2N-8AD may be able to read that type of signal. I know it can do almost anything else. But I haven't touched one in years, check the manual.

thanks everyone i have another question does mitsubishi have redundant PLC that is SIL3?