ozeufu

plc-plc via internet

15 posts in this topic

Hello all, I wonder that is it possible to communicate 2 CJ2M plcs or 2 NJ controllers via internet? Those are far from each other. There is WE70 wirelles unit however distance between them more than 5 km. Any idea how can i solve this issue? Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.

It's an old document, but should still hold. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=781

Hi, Thanks for sharing. However this document also explaining connect plc via cx-programmer from far as i understood. I need to ensure that 2 plcs can transfer datas with port forwarding. If it is possible, do i need to use send&receive commands or anyone elses? As i imagine, first plc send the data to router, router send the other router, and second plc receive the datas from receiver. Am i right?

CJ2M-CPU3x PLC's can do that, other models are limited. Look through sections 6-9 of the W465 manual. 5 km over wireless will be a problem though. That is well beyond the range of most wireless networks without special trnasmitters and antennas.

You should use function blocks _ETN011_SOCKET_UdpOpen and then _ETN015_SOCKET_UdpSend to send data to other PLC (no programming needed on remote plc except setting up ETN module as described in manual here), and _ETN_SOCKET_UdpRecv to read data from remote PLC. However, as it is said above, integrated etn module (CPU3x) does not support socket services. you should have a separate CJ1W-ETN21 module. regards

Mendon, I used some wireless products years ago from Data-Linc with rated line of sight communication up to 25 miles (about 35km).

You can do this with FINS SEND and RECEIVE instructions. Socket services could work, but complicate the matter. Use FINS. The routers would need to have static IP Addresses on the Internet. You need to use manual FINS to IP conversion tables and list the routers in the tables. You need port forwarding in both routers. I have done exactly what you are asking about. If you want more information, I can give a detailed example.

Hi pmcr, socket service is also confusing for me. CJ2M_CPU3 bulitin ethernet/ip port support fins as i know, i really want to try it, which documents should i read? i didnt find manual fins to ip conversion,As i thought, port forwarding is okey, send receive commands same like doing with ethernet cable, just the point data conversion fins to ip confusing right? Could you give me more detail please? Have a nice day.

Some of the 900 mhz equipment is rated for that kind of range but the data rates are extremely slow, typically about 115kb/sec. The actual useable range will depend a lot on interference from outside sources and the antenna setup used. It can quickly become a very expensive project when antenna towers are required. Edited by Mendon Systems

Hi @PMCR could you please upload the files you have referred to above.  I am trying to do this with an NX to NJ PLC via an internet connection.

Thanks