Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yyt

FX3S

13 posts in this topic

Can I programming FX3S with GX deovepeller under FX1S? best regards Edited by yyt

you need to tell version of your software. If you have older software so it does not include certain CPU, it may still work if you select similar one...

You need a version of software new enough to select FX3S, you cannot talk to it assuming it's an FX1S.

I'm not sure about GX Developer but there are FX3S model for use in GX Works2 that you can download trial version at https://eu3a.mitsubishielectric.com
1 person likes this

Hi YYT, I've checked the FX1s type in the software and it is working fine under GX-Works2 V1.98c and also in GX-developer V8.109P which is part of this GX Works2 suite. Just select the FXCPU and FX1s model if you start a new project. Good luck with it! Theo V.

Theo, You actually were able to program an FX3S and tell the software it was an FX1S? That's what he asked about. I'm not sure that would work...

Crossbow, My reply was too quick. I've read the topic and assume that YYT want to program a FX1s with the GX developer. That is functioning 100% I've done this many times. If you like to convert FX1s to FX3s it is also possible by the option 'PLC change' However if you program in FX1s and want to communicate this with the FX3s or the other way around it wil NOT communicate with the PLC. You have a error message that tells you the PLC type doesn't match. Sorry to all for my mistake :( Best regards, Theo V.

I'm going to add more confusion to the list then. I think you can 'misname' the plc in setup and it will still communicate. What it does do though is limit the memory and internal components to the lower spec plc. I say this as I am sure I once did it by mistake.

This worked long ago with FX1, FX2, but I don't think it works with anything FX1S or newer. But as I said, it's been years and I don't have the means to test. The correct solution is as it always was, get the right software for your controller.

Sorry Ron_S, I think you are stuck in the MEDOC decade? LOL This software could indeed select a FX2 for a FX1 because FX1 was an unknown type. In GXWorks2 or GX developer you need to change the PLC type otherwise you can not communicate. I agree with Crossbow, get the right software and enjoy free updates. Subject closed. Best regards, Theo V.

I know I'm very late to this, but just for reference if anyone needs to do this. Select FX3G as the PLC type and it works perfectly.

1 person likes this