ECSI

Panasonic FX-Sigma PLC IP Address

2 posts in this topic

I have a Panasonic FX-Sigma PLC and I have connected to it using serial cable and uploaded the program. The PLC has an FP-Web2 module connected to it. Is there any way to determine what IP address has been assigned to this module using FPWin Pro software? Or do I need to buy the FP Web Configurator software? This PLC is in a remote location and we are trying to set it up so that we can access the programming over the internet. So far I have connected remotely using the end users laptop and software on site, but I'm connecting to his laptop using Team Viewer software. This PLC was originally installed and programmed by others and they are no longer involved. ps: I'm very new to Panasonic PLC's Thanks!

FPWINPRO is used only as a programming tool for the PLC, it wont be possible to use to monitor, or change the FPWEBserver configuration...in your case the IP address. The FPWEBSERVER can be configured using the FPWEB configurator tool. You can find out the IP address of the FPWEBSERVER or any other unit in your LAN by opening in any browser the actual router configuration page. You can use IPconfig /all from your PC ( if the PC is in in the same LAN) or many other Network monitoring programs. In your particular case, you are not in the same LAN. You need to login using a VPN ( or a wireless modem, or else). If the FPWEBSERVER is using an static IP address your options are limited to actually being part of the same LAN. There are some other alternatives using the unit, for instance if you decide to use a DNS server. There is not one way to establish this type connection, the unit can offer you many ways to be configured...but it will be more up to the Network itself to allow or granted access to the server. You need to get the FPWEB Configurator, any change or update over the FPWEBSERVER will be done using this program. Please consider reaching our Panasonic Technical support for further details. Industrial@us.panasonic.com