Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Geir

Omnuc U software

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I have begun to look into some positioning equipment we have had for a while. There is a CQM1 CPU51 connected to R88D-U series servo drives, and a CS1 with C200HW-NC113 and a R88D-U. I have found WinMon on myomron, but not tried to install it yet, will it run at all on a Win7 machine or do I have to dig out some older PC? Same with the NC unit, there is mentioned a SYSMAC-NCT program in the manual, but I have not been able to find this anywhere, Is this still a commercial item? Are there any newer software that will communicate with these old units? If we decide to upgrade any of this, will we have to replace all, or is it possible to reuse the servomotors or other parts? This is all for educational purposes, no production or safety issues involved. I would of course like my students to work with the most updated systems, but unfortunately we are on a limited budget :( Geir

Had to put this on hold for a while, managed to find software and communicate with the servo drives :) Decided to scrap the CQM1 and run the drives from a NC213 in the CS1. Just need to sort out the cables...  However, the current problem is a setup with one R88M-U driven by a R88D-UA08HA connected to a MC221 in a C200HE - rack. I have managed to communicate with the MC221 with CX-Position and download the Parameter set and positions, but shortly after the download of the program starts, I get a communications error - (FINS Code 0332) 2300 Operating environment error, check MC. The error and run led is lit on the MC, but cant find any errors apart from the 0002 wrong number of tasks, and may because of no program loaded?  Are there any obvious traps I have missed? Where can I go from here?

You need to actually have a working program for the MC221 card.  Configure the card, create the tasks, and then write the G code programs.  Sounds like you are on the way but forgot to allocate the axes to tasks, or have not yet got a complete download to the card.

If you have an MC card, it uses CX-Motion, not CX-Position. 

Just a slip of the keyboard there, also working on a CS1W-NC 413 :)

The program I'm trying to download, just to see if it works:

N000 P001 X
*001  Testprogram framogtilbake
N002 Pass
N003 MOV X100
N004 END

The parameters are: 1 axis, Task 1 X task memory 0-1999

Geir

2 hours ago, Geir said:

Just a slip of the keyboard there, also working on a CS1W-NC 413 :)

The program I'm trying to download, just to see if it works:

N000 P001 X
*001  Testprogram framogtilbake
N002 Pass
N003 MOV X100
N004 END

The parameters are: 1 axis, Task 1 X task memory 0-1999

Geir

This does not look like code for an NC413 either (CX-Position).  The NC413 Memory programming has tables associated with the positions and the moves.  It looks like this:

AV3+G+YRaBSZAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

What software do you have open?

I was using CX-Motion to try to download program, positions and parameters to a C200H-MC221. The parameters and positions downoaded OK, but the program download stopped with this error:   (FINS Code 0332) 2300 Operating environment error, check MC. Can' find a reference to this anywhere. When I check MC221 errors, all I can find is a Error 0002, but that is probably because I have not been able to download any program :(

Geir 

Oh, sorry.  You are using CX-Motion and it is an MC221.  Got it now. 

Ok. Your program did not download because it has errors.  You have not used any G-Code.  It should look more like this:

N000 P001 X
N001 G10
N002 G00 X100
N003 G79

G10 is pass mode

G00 is a move

G79 is end instruction

Thanks for the interest:)

Today the download seems to work, I'm not sure what I did differently this time, but I deleted all the programs in the MC, switched it off and on, downloaded parameters, switched it off and on again and downloaded the program. I got download completed and it even verified :) Could be I skipped one switch off/on the first time? Now I need to write a real G code program....

Geir