Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mbeecher

need some help with ML1000

3 posts in this topic

I have a issue with a ML1000 solid red fault light. Every time I cleared the fault, try to put it back in run mode, it would fault out again.. I went though the fault screen and changed all the 1's to 0's then cleared fault. It worked I was able to put it back into run mode..Only problem is that the sensor that caused the fault is still not working, I've replaced with a new one an still not working. So, I went ahead an put the input on another input bit. nothing...the program will not read the input at all. So, then I replaced the PLC and downloaded the program over into it. Nothing, everything works except the sensor input NO signal to input,, I have 24v from plc to sensor. Need some help guys.. Been forcing to make the input work...last night 2nd shift tech was able to run machine 10 cycles then it faulted again...

Did you checked the wiring connections meassuring the voltage of the feed and signal? What about the sensor type Sink and Source.

A digital input is not going to cause a processor fault. A processor fault is caused by an error in the logic, like attempting to address a non-existant register, getting trapped in an infinite loop, etc. The fact that your sensor (appears to have) failed is most likely sheer coincidence. Treat the two as separate issues and you'll get a lot further. What specific error code does it give when it faults? A screenshot would help.